SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252840 - 01/09/09 03:57 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
Yep, a small drive for you..(your in Dayton? 2 hours 15 minuts drive) but the facility is tops and no charge! AND they already have boards and lots of stuff available to show...INCLUDING WS's. etc. I think we could get them to give us a room and some demo equipment.

Think about it...you would not have to host it. alone and we could do it together? Since I'm close by Sweetwater. Having equipment already there is a big +.

Gary, Let's get together soon...I'm glad your close...could use someone to share with!

PM me your number and I will give ya a call.

Lee

#252841 - 01/09/09 04:45 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Lee-

I talked with AJ for a while today about a meeting like this. If we hold it in Ft. Wayne, he "thinks" Sweetwater would make a space available to us for a day, provided they get to give us a sales pitch. Anything we wanted to demo we could...Possibly also get a mfg rep or two to possibly drop in.

If we take this route, it really seems to change the nature of the event.

If we have it here in Troy, Sweetwater's involvement would obviously be minimal. AJ asked for a little time to work out some details, he thought they could probably kick in some kind of gift certificate or something for us to give out as we please.

I'd like to hear some feedback and preferences on what kind of experience guys want to have.

If we go the Ft. Wayne/Sweetwater route, it'll be more testing new equipment and that kind of thing...We'd be on a timeline for sure...

If we go the Troy route, it'll be more social, more free-form with gaps built in for socializing, playing, etc.

Personally, I'm not real interested in trying out new equipment at this stage of the game. I love my rig and don't really want to invest any significant effort into checking out things I know I have zero intention of buying.

What do you guys want the time together to be like?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 01-09-2009).]

#252842 - 01/09/09 06:05 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Bill,
Both...I would like to hear demos and try out new equipment...but in the context you described...relaxed no pressure, socializing etc...I think Sweetwater might allow us to do all that and not really have any sales presure at all. They may want Greg Baum ( my guy and the retail room guy) to just tell us about the Sweetwater difference (10 Min.) and I think that would be fine.

IF we do not make this a MFG show!

I have bought $$$ worth of stuff from them over 10 years and I think I could arrange this...If AJ does, being he is not just a customer...I don't know what Sweetwater would do/expect.

We could have a seperate room of our own for this...and anyone wanting to check out their demo room could just walk down there.

A factory REP available would be ok.

This is rally no different than when it was hosted by Frank V.

Lee

#252843 - 01/09/09 09:23 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Bill go the FUN route in Troy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-10-2009).]

#252844 - 01/10/09 06:30 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Bill, my thinking agrees with Donny's. If you're going to be the point man, do it your way - and Troy is fine by me. Ft. Wayne and a Sweetwater site is OK by me, but now you're getting further west. How many members would you draw, say from there to St. Louis or KC?

One location is a must, no driving to get to venues. Weekdays are better for me, for sure. We don't need anything too fancy, just something big enough for displays, demos and a group jam.

Here's a question - would WPAFB have a facility for use? How about BGSU? or even OSU? I think you'll want to be near a full service retailer for support.

Lastly, and I mean no offense, but leeboy's ideas seem much different than Bill's. I feel that one of you needs to take the lead and the other lend support - hint, hint.

#252845 - 01/10/09 07:53 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Remember these Jams are a casual social fun event for SZ arranger players and such to get together, meet each other, eat/drink, play together, learn from each other, put a face with the name, take some pictures/videos, make new friends & just generally BS for a few days, simple as that!

#252846 - 01/10/09 10:27 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:

Here's a question - would WPAFB have a facility for use? How about BGSU? or even OSU? I think you'll want to be near a full service retailer for support.

Lastly, and I mean no offense, but leeboy's ideas seem much different than Bill's. I feel that one of you needs to take the lead and the other lend support - hint, hint.

Cass-I'm very familiar with the accomodations at WPAFB and its not a good fit. Virtually all of the facilities are booked over a year in advance and they aren't really open to the public. A few are, but not many. BGSU/OSU...Those locations take us away from what is currently ground zero (Troy/Dayton) and put me in unfamiliar surroundings.

I think, if we get a decent number of people, I'll be able to get one of the local animal clubs to work with us like Don Mason used.

To your second point, I appreciate anyone who wants to help. However, too many cooks can ruin the stew, you know, so if Lee or anyone else for that matter really wants to handle this, I'll step away. If I'm responsible...I'll listen to everyone and do my best to create the most enjoyable MWJam I can.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#252847 - 01/10/09 11:14 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Now your talking Bill.....
I hope we can attend for sure....depends on Dates & if my bodyguard Fran is in a good mood It would be great to meet you guys for sure!!

#252848 - 01/10/09 01:46 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have put together three of these jams, over the years and willing to be an adviser if you need a sounding board
I did our first one in Buda, Ill. as the mayor of that town was a friend and involved. He made all the cities accomodatons available to us, and it was centrally located in the US. Several of us went from there to Nashville and did some recording there as well as a lot of jam sessions.
The second one was here in Calif. where one of ours had a big old house on 5 acres and people came from all over the world and used RV's, motels, tents, and bedrolls. Musicans are a hardy lot.
The third and last one was done here in our clubhouse in San Jose and also brought people from around the world.
It is quite a lot of work but also quite a lot of fun.
Delegate, don't try to do it all by yourself. Computers and email make it easy for other people to help.
Best regards to all,
Bebop
Bill, check your email, I just responded to your email,
Best regards,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-11-2009).]

#252849 - 01/10/09 06:33 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

No problem...Bill should take the lead...
My ideas were just to save a lot of work...And have availability of equipment without anyone having to bring it.

I guess since the first one was at a dealer (Frank V's place) it seamed like a good idea to me.

But if we can get all the equipment to some location of Bill's choics...cool.

Lee

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online